In addition to slots,
confirmationStatus can be used with intents. Intent confirmation is useful for confirming actions of high consequence. These actions
- are publicly visible (like social media),
- affect another person (like sending a message),
- or involve money.
After collecting all of the slot values for the Video Match skill (
videoType, and optionally
decade), the intent confirmation would sound like:
ALEXA: So you're looking for an action movie from the 90's, right?
Access the intent confirmation status in the JSON request with:
confirmationStatus for slots, this
confirmationStatus for intents can take any one of these values:
- If the user responds affirmatively,
confirmationStatusfor that slot will be
- If the user responds negatively, it will be
- If the user hasn’t confirmed or denied the intent yet, it will be
We’ve provided one of the JSON requests from this part of a conversation:
ALEXA: So you're looking for an action movie from the 90's, Right? USER: Yup.
console.log to print the intent
We can use this property in conditionals as well. Write an
else statement that checks the value of
- If the status is
'Intent not confirmed yet!'
- Else if the status is
- Else print