Learn Go: Variables and Types
In this lesson you learned:
- How to use literals in a Go program.
- How to create constants that give names to values.
- The basic types in Go:
- The different numeric types and what values they accept.
- How to create variables in Go with a specific type.
- How to read an error in Go.
- How to assign values to variables using
- How to create variables in Go with inferred type.
- How to declare multiple variables on a single line.
- The “zero” values for variables that haven’t been assigned a value yet.
- How Go decides the type for “default”
int types depending on the architecture of the computer it’s running on.
- How to update values in variables using
= and other related operators.
What a lot of concepts! These tools will be very valuable to you along your journey as a programmer. Congratulations!