Introduction to PHP
In the next lesson, you’ll start creating your own PHP code. Take a second and review what you already know about PHP:
- Despite its age, PHP is still a commonly used technology in web development.
- PHP is designed to interact with HTML to generate dynamic websites.
- Embedding PHP in HTML is done by placing PHP code between
- Every statement in PHP must be terminated with a semicolon
- PHP files have a .php extension and the file always starts with the opening PHP tag
<?php. The closing tag is implied and left out by convention.
- Whitespace is generally ignored when executing PHP code.
- Keywords are not case sensitive in PHP. As a convention, use the standard casing.
- Single line comments are made in PHP using
//. Multi-line comments are placed between