Learn Intermediate Python 3Start
Why Learn Intermediate Python?
Feeling comfortable with the basics of Python? Intermediate Python 3 is a stepping stone to take your skills to the next level. This course will provide you with the knowledge to make your Python code cleaner, more efficient, and more manageable. We’ll also dive under the hood of fundamental concepts that will deepen your understanding of the Python language.
This course is a deep dive into the inner workings of some of Python’s most popular features to teach you how to use the language’s unique features to get closer to becoming a Python expert.
While completing Learn Intermediate Python 3, you’ll learn about:
- The various ways to utilize functions to create cleaner and more manageable code
- The core pillars of one of the most popular programming paradigms - Object-Oriented Programming
- How Python iteration works under the hood and how to create custom iterators using generator functions
- How to use specialized Python collections as alternatives to Python’s general-purpose built-in containers
- How to better manage resources using context managers
- How to use the Python Unittest library to test complex applications
Note on Prerequisites
We recommend that you complete Learn Python 3 before starting Learn Intermediate Python 3.
Codecademy courses have been taken by employees at
Build a series of Python functions with tricky argument syntax that helps flesh out your skills as a developer who can manage complex functions with a few simple keystrokes.
It's time to build fluency in Object-oriented Python. In this next project, we're going to practice Classes in Python so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? You'll gain confidence in extending classes to their subclasses, then linking their shared methods and properties. What's next? NYC schools, a digital catalog, more inheritance. You got this!
Sam's Surf Shop
Create a suite of automated tests for the local surfboard rental store, Sam's Surf Shop!
— Madelyn, Pinterest“I know from first-hand experience that you can go in knowing zero, nothing, and just get a grasp on everything as you go and start building right away.”